Bronx Paternity Attorney

When you work with my firm, you can be confident that your case is in good hands. I have been serving the Bronx area since 1989 and I am proud to have an in-depth and up-to-date understanding of the various New York and federal laws governing family law matters and divorce. If you are considering filing a petition for a family law concern, do not hesitate to retain me as your lawyer.

Bronx Paternity Lawyer

Protecting Fathers' Rights in the Bronx

Numerous studies throughout the years have proven that having both parents involved in a child's life can be highly beneficial to his or her well-being. While it is almost always fairly easy to identify a child's mother, there may be times when legal assistance is needed to help establish paternity.

At The Law Office of Ava G. Gutfriend, I have experience in handling paternity cases and ensuring that the rights of each party involved are protected. With the guidance of a Bronx paternity lawyer, you can effectively and legally establish paternity.

Establishing Paternity in New York

As a father, you have the right to obtain access to your child; however, in some cases, paternity may not be established on a child's birth certificate, so you will need to take a DNA test to match your genetics with that of the child. This is especially true for unmarried couples, as the state does not automatically assume you to be the parent of the child.

If the mother of the child does not want you to take a paternity test or you are having a difficult time determining paternity, then a court order can help enforce compliance. Once paternity is officially established, you can begin having visitation interactions with your child - it is important to remember, though, that you may also be forced to pay child support to the child's mother or legal guardian.

Paternity Services for Mothers & Children

If you are a mother of a child and you are looking to establish paternity, then it is important that you contact my firm.

As a woman, you have a right to legally validate who the father of your child is and obtain child support payments from them. If they do not comply with a court order and you find that it is difficult to obtain a paternity test, my firm can help. I can also assist children who are looking to determine biological paternity.

If you did not have a father's name on your birth certificate and you are interested in establishing paternity, then consult my firm right away.

Schedule an Appointment with Attorney Gutfriend

Are you interested in protecting your rights as a father? Paternity tests are simple and provide quick results to those who are seeking to establish biological relations. When you work with my firm, you can be confident that your case is in good hands.

I understand that this time in your life may be stressful, but when you retain the assistance of The Law Office of Ava G. Gutfriend, you can be confident that every legal avenue is being pursued in order to provide you with the best possible outcome for your paternity case. I believe in ethical and fair treatment of each client and I will always put your needs first.

Do you have questions? Schedule an appointment with my firm today to get started! Contact The Law Office of Ava G. Gutfriend.

How Can We Help You?

To schedule a consultation, contact my firm by submitting a case evaluation form or calling directly. I look forward to providing you with outstanding representation, trusted advocacy, and experienced counsel.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.