When you work with my firm, you can be confident that your case is in good hands. I have been serving the Bronx area since 1989 and I am proud to have an in-depth and up-to-date understanding of the various New York and federal laws governing family law matters and divorce. If you are considering filing a petition for a family law concern, do not hesitate to retain me as your lawyer.
Divorce in New York
Bronx Divorce Attorney Can Fight for Your Interests
Most divorces are difficult situations. Even the most amicable splits can quickly be hindered by complications. Regardless of the way you choose to end your marriage, one spouse may feel upset or hurt. Couples who choose to separate through mediation or litigation can find themselves seeking legal assistance when issues pertaining to children or assets are disputed. The state of New York has specific laws governing divorce and grounds for divorce, and you should always speak with an attorney prior to filing.
Are you in the Bronx area and need divorce help? Contact The Law Office of Ava G. Gutfriend!
Reasons to Hire Ava G. Gutfriend
- Working with a divorce lawyer can make all the difference in the outcome of your divorce, and I stand ready to assist clients with understanding their rights.
- When you work with my firm, you can be confident that your case is in good hands.
- I have been practicing law since 1989 and stay current with the changing laws and regulations at the state and federal levels.
- I know that no two cases are ever the same, which is why I provide one-on-one assistance and implement unique strategies to help ensure that you reach a favorable outcome.
- I take a client-centered approach to each case and work to understand your family dynamic, marital assets, children involved in the marriage and property concerns.
- You can be confident that I will work tirelessly to help you settle your divorce in a timely matter.
Contact us today to start discussing your case!
Grounds for Divorce in New York
In order to obtain a divorce in the state of New York, you or your spouse must be a New York resident for at least 6 months before filing a petition for divorce. It's important to have any attorney to walk you through this process.
The laws and regulations governing family law and divorce can be difficult to understand, and traversing the New York family courts alone can be intimidating. Working with the right attorney can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. When you work with my firm, I will discuss in detail the residency requirements and help you determine a ground for filing divorce. The state recognizes seven different grounds for divorce, including:
- Separation agreements
- Judgment agreements
- Cruel and inhumane treatment
- Irretrievable breakdown
When you retain my services, I will fully review your case and help you decide with situation best fits your and your spouse's separation. I can also assist you with completing and filing a divorce petition and determining which court is appropriate for you to file with based on your residency. We will also review all areas of the divorce decree, including alimony, child custody, child support and visitation.
Work with an experienced New York divorce attorney today!
Unlike other firms that will push your divorce quickly through the courts with little regard for you personally, I will take the time to get to know you and your situation. I believe in ethical treatment of each and every client who seeks my counsel and I always work to keep an open line of communication between myself and my clients.
You should not have to face the New York legal systems alone and you never have to when you work with The Law Office of Ava G. Gutfriend. If you are facing a divorce, I encourage you to schedule a consultation with my firm right away and see how retaining me as your lawyer can make all the difference in your case.
Contact The Law Office of Ava G. Gutfriend to get started.