I am proud to offer personalized representation and dedicated legal services to individuals facing the New York family law courts. For years, I have been able to assist countless individuals and families with achieving their goals and understanding the specifics of their cases. You should never have to face the family courts alone, and you never have to when you retain me as your Bronx family lawyer.
Fighting for Families’ Rights in NYC
Family is the most important thing in life. Sadly, a legal dispute can change the dynamics of a family for years to come. Don’t let a conflict cause irreparable harm. Instead, turn to a skilled and compassionate family law attorney for help.
At The Law Office of Ava G. Gutfriend, we understand just how important family is to our clients. That’s why we are committed to resolving family law matters quickly through collaboration. However, we also know when to take a case to court. We handle all disputes fairly and ethically, aiming to minimize any hard feelings.
Trust us to fight tirelessly for your best interests!
What Is Family Law?
As the name implies, family law is the area of the law that deals with family and domestic relationships.
When most people think of family law, they think of divorce. But there’s a variety of other legal matters that fall under the umbrella of family law. Adoption, domestic abuse and assault, establishing paternity, and even drafting and filing prenuptial and postnuptial agreements are a few examples.
As Bronx family lawyers, we often help clients sort out these matters in court. If you want to avoid litigation, we can also help with mediation and arbitration.
The Law Office of Ava G. Gutfriend is skilled in resolving all types of family law disputes, such as:
- Alimony / Spousal Support - If you are seeking alimony or looking to change a portion of your divorce decree in regard to spousal support, you need to work with my firm. I will help protect you against unfair payments or ensure that your alimony payments are received in a timely manner.
- Divorce - Are you considering filing for divorce? Have you already been served divorce papers? You need to contact my firm right away. I can help protect you, your assets, and your parental rights during a split. Divorce can be stressful, but working with the right Bronx family law attorney can provide you with the outcome you deserve.
- Child Abuse / Neglect - If you have been accused of child abuse or neglect, or you know that your child is being abused by a caretaker or other family member, you need to work with the Bronx family lawyer from my firm. I can help protect your rights as a parent and ensure that your child is kept safe.
- Child Custody - There is a reason that child custody cases are sometimes referred to as "custody battles." These cases are often the most contested of all family law matters. Understanding the custody laws in New York can be difficult, but with the assistance of the Bronx family law attorney at my firm, you can protect your child's best interests and your parental rights.
- Child Support - Negotiating a child support payment can often lead to complications during a divorce. At The Law Office of Ava G. Gutfriend, I will work with you to determine an appropriate payment or enforce court orders for payment from a negligent parent.
- Domestic Violence - Domestic violence is a criminal act. I will work tirelessly to protect you, your children, and your rights from your alleged abuser. You deserve better. Work with The Law Office of Ava G. Gutfriend to protect your future.
- Enforcement of Court Orders - If your ex-spouse is violating an existing court order, we encourage you to take action at once. Speak with our Bronx family lawyers for help enforcing a court order.
- Guardianship / Adoption - Becoming a legal guardian of a child or adopting a child into your home should be a joyous time, but the laws governing adoption and guardianship can be difficult to understand. Do not attempt to undertake this process alone. Contact a Bronx family law attorney from my firm right away.
- Modifications - Life changes happen! If you need assistance obtaining a modification of an existing order, talk to our firm at once. We can help you modify child support, child custody, and other types of orders.
- Restraining Orders - Victims of domestic violence or individuals who fear for their safety or the safety of their children may be able to obtain an order of protection. These orders will force an individual to avoid contact with you and your family. In addition, the Bronx family lawyer from my firm can help appeal an order if the order was wrongfully filed.
- Paternity - Establishing paternity can be incredibly beneficial to every party involved. When paternity is established, fathers can gain access to their children, mothers can obtain child support, and children can have both parents involved in their lives. To establish paternity, contact my Bronx family law firm right away.
- Prenuptial Agreements - Before taking the first steps down the aisle, consider drafting a prenuptial agreement. These legal documents can help protect you in case of an unforeseen divorce and ensure that your credit, assets, and property are safeguarded.
- Relocation - Need to relocate with your child? You will need to take specific steps to move away from the child's other parent. Our Bronx family law firm can help you take the necessary legal steps for a successful result.
- Uncontested Divorce - Looking for a faster, less stressful, and more affordable approach to divorce? Uncontested divorce may be the best option for you. No-court divorce works for divorcing couples who can come to agreements without litigation and who are willing to work together.
- Visitation - When children are involved in a divorce, visitation guidelines need to be set. The Bronx family law attorney at my firm will assist you with establishing a visitation schedule and enforcing visitation with the other parent. Work with my firm and protect your parental rights.
Family law issues can be messy, and even the most amicable of separations can quickly escalate into a contested legal issue. At The Law Office of Ava G. Gutfriend, I understand that when you are facing divorce, child custody problems, or any family-related matter, you may be feeling stressed.
When you work with the Bronx family lawyer from my firm, you can be confident that your case is in good hands. I have years of experience handling a variety of legal matters and successfully settling them inside and outside of court. As a Bronx family law attorney, I am dedicated to the well-being of my clients and treat each client with respect and integrity.
You can count on me to get the job done!
Why You Should Retain a Bronx Attorney for Your Family Law Case
Obtaining the guidance of a Bronx family lawyer can make all the difference in the outcome of your case. There is a popular misconception that lawyers only make matters worse—this is simply not the truth. In reality, respected family law attorneys (like ours) can make the road to resolution shorter and easier to travel.
Our firm takes a compassionate but fearless approach. We always aim to negotiate first, but we also aren’t afraid to litigate. Unfortunately, family disputes can bring out the worst in your loved ones. If they won’t respect your rights or they refuse to compromise, we will fight with your best interests at heart.
Not to mention, the laws governing family issues can be difficult to navigate. You should never have to face the New York family courts alone. When you work with The Law Office of Ava G. Gutfriend, I will meet with you to address your goals and develop a personalized strategy to help you achieve them.
When you work with a Bronx family law attorney from my firm, you can be confident that your case is in good hands. I have years of experience handling a variety of legal matters and successfully settling them inside and outside of court. As a family law attorney in The Bronx, I am dedicated to the well-being of my clients and treat each client with respect and integrity. You can count on me to get the job done!